Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Will it ever end?

I know...it is promised that it will...it just doesn't seem like it some days.
Yesterday I saw the midwife and there was no good news...except for my fundal height measurement saying I'm due anyday now. Actually, there was other good news too. Deather's heartrate is doing well...in the 120s when sleeping...and in the 150s when moving around. I had fallen asleep waiting for the doc...so when they did the initial heartrate check it was low...apparently Deather was sleeping too:) So they hooked me up to the monitor just to make sure since that was much lower than the normal heartrate has been. It's all good though:) I still hadn't dilated...but the yeast infection is gone...which is very good. Also, they didn't do a retest of the GBS because they ended up getting a sensitivity test on the old one. I tested okay to use Erythromicin or Cleocin. I mentioned that when taken orally Erythromicin makes me sick to my stomach...so I guess I'll be getting the other one. I was hoping for the retest and to need nothing, but oh well. I also had some spotting last night and some contractions...but to no avail, I'm still not in labor. I've done all the laundry in the house, including baby clothes and Skoshi and I have paced the house and walked the neighborhood. Still, we wait.

1 comment:

TC in SC said...

Rarely has anyone been known to go more than 6 weeks overdue! That should offer you much comfort! :)

Don't you just want to hit people that say stuff like that!