Sunday, April 15, 2007

Well, as Jessica G. would say...I am as pregnant as I can get!

So we've passed over both "due dates" and still there's no Deather entering the outside world. This weekend has been a bit trying, but also a good bonding time for Danny and I. We've walked, cleaned, packed, discussed and he's basically held my sanity together. I've had contractions every night...and actually, last night I started at about 1130 and had contractions every 20-30 minutes until about 8 this morning. Then it stopped and started up again around 230 this afternoon and it's been steady at every 30 minutes. I also started spotting a TINY bit around 1130 today...so there's progress...just not super promising progress. I'll go back to the midwife tomorrow afternoon. I've probably dilated some by now, but I'm convinced that Deather is quite happy in the current situation and not ready to come meet us just yet. The good news is that I'm not super excitable anymore about every little pain and Danny is doing well at keeping me grounded. If I'm tired I sleep and even when having contractions, I'll sleep at night. I'll wake up every 30 minutes or so, when it's a pretty hard one...but I'll go right back to sleep so I'll have my energy when it's really needed. I'm very thankful for all the thoughts and prayers that are with us right now. It's really nice to have everyone's support.

No comments: