Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ramblings

So, the Midwife visit wasn't so informative yesterday. It was rather short and sweet. My "fundal height" (belly measurement while lying on my back) is a little over 37cm...which meant nothing to me, so I did some research. Apparently the measurement is supposed to be the same as your gestation week from 20 to 37 weeks...so now, the measurement really does nothing for me. Oh well. They also checked my iron and blood pressure which are both good...and they did my Group B Strep Culture...which I will receive the results for next week. The big thing is they told me that I am not considered pre-term any more so if I go into labor, we go with it and don't try to stop it. Good to know...although I seriously doubt that I will have the luxury of early labor :( That's okay, I'll have a great big healthy baby:) Danny keeps saying I'm going to have a 14 lb. boy and it will be a great natural childbirth story. Yes, I have left him alive for now...but if his prediction comes true, I do reserve the right to murder him.

In other news, we bought a carseat this weekend. Special thanks to Mikhail and Ted from Babies R Us for teaching us how to properly install the seat. We tried the model into both of our vehicles before purchasing it. So, now, it is in the back of the station wagon ready for Danny and Mom to install it in the hospital parking lot after the baby arrives. We have arranged that Mom will come over to drive us to the hospital so Danny can be dealing with me in the backseat...so we thought actually installing the carseat would be counterproductive at this point.

So, that's it for now. Any tips for the waiting game?

2 comments:

TC in SC said...

Go see movies! That is something I really miss! It is just too hard of a thing to get away in the evening! And you just can't make popcorn the same at home! We still have a ticket stub for a movie we went to see when Rick's sister was pregnant. She had the baby the next day! We remember it as our final hoorah with them.

I remember with both kids just laying on the couch feeling them kick and trying to tuck that memory away. It's not that I really miss that, but you just don't get that feeling back again. There is a sort of intimacy in having your baby inside you, with you constantly, and you being able to meet it's needs in such a unique way!

It's so hard to wait at this point, but you don't get to go backwards, so soak in these last days!

HAM said...

We've taken your advice on this! We've been to see 2 movies in 2 weeks...which is actually about how many we normally see at the theater in a year:)