Monday, March 05, 2007

Midwife Visit

So, I had an appointment today with one of the other midwives in the practice...LOVED HER! It was a really great appointment. I still have GREAT blood pressure (104/70....and that was after dealing with having to air up the donut and go 50mph on the interstate!). She said the baby is very low into my pelvis and settled which is highly unusual for "this early" in my pregnancy. That could be good news and mean I'm farther along and will deliver before April 14th...or ... it could just be because I'm a munchkin and where the heck else is the baby going to go? :) Either way, baby is doing well....moving constantly and has a good strong heart rate in the 130s-140s. Apparently Deather is spine to spine with me, which explains some of my low back pain...and is not surprising considering my desk job. I better get to walking the stairs and doing my pelvic rocks more if I want to get him/her to flip around and be face down when it's time! But, if not, I'm told that I am allowed to give birth in whatever position I want. She said, "We can catch them however they come out. We prefer that you are on the bed instead of the floor...but whatever position is going to be easiest for you to birth in is completely up to you." Great news since Deather is face up...it's good to know hands and knees to get that pressure off my spine is actually an encouraged option! Jaime, Holly and Teresa...Have I mentioned how grateful I am to you guys for helping me ask questions and find a good place that will actually work with us to have the birth experience we want? You guys are awesome and I'm so glad you pointed me in this direction. I like knowing that I have full support for natural childbirth, with the security of a hospital in case complications do arise. It truly feels like the best of both worlds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo happy things are going great and that your midwife(s) are taking good care of you:) i would be ok with being an auntie a LITTLE early!