Thursday, August 09, 2007

Catching Up

So, I've been slack about posting...but things have been quite busy for us! We took a trip to Tennessee and Gabrielle got to meet my mom's parents, my dad's parents, my sister and all of her kids (although she already met Austin and Kylie here) my great aunt and her Great, Great Gran! It was amazing! She had a beautiful connection with Gran that was breathtaking to watch. The kids are usually scared of Gran, but Gabrielle just watched and watched her until she opened her eyes and then they talked and giggled and it was like they were the only two people in the world. I get choked up just thinking about it.

In other news, she has found her feet...and Danny was even home to experience that first. He was so excited to be able to be part of that!





She also has started this new noise and she's so proud of herself and does it all the time. She growls! It's hilarious to see her face when she does it. She does it when she's talking and happy and also when she's angry. She'll wake up hungry in the night and that's what I hear now, she's growling for food. Perhaps I've let her spend too much time with Skoshi and Lacy:)


And then there's the food. I went to my first La Leche League meeting Tuesday and was confirmed that since I'm normally home with her and nursing therefore not establishing a regular pumping schedule...it's better to supplement with cereal if there's not enough milk for my drill day than formula....because the cereal only has one ingredient, so for allergy purposes it's better to do it that way. So, in preparation of drill this weekend, I fed her some rice cereal for the first time. It went well! She made some faces at first, but I think it was just cause it was different. After a few bites (or sips from the spoon rather) she was pretty happy about eating it. And it was perfect since Elmo's world was all about how people eat today:) That's about the only thing I let her watch, because it totally captivates her and it's educational. Well, that's all the news for now!

No comments: