Thursday, November 08, 2007

Road Trip

So, things have been trucking along with much stress. I decided to withdraw from my COUN501 class that I was taking. It sounds like a great idea to get your master's degree while being a stay at home mom...only to those who haven't tried it. I think it would have been easier to do it in residence because then I would actually get to leave the house and the kid behind and perhaps have a small chance of focusing on something remotely intellectual. Some people have to learn things the hard way....and so, now I've learned and we can all move on and I can focus on being a much less stressed wife and mommy:)
We had a doctor's visit on Oct 29 and Miss Brie weighed in at 16 lbs. and was 26inches long. The doc said she's doing great and unless something happens and I need to come in she doesn't want to see her again until she's 1!
I've started doing Baby Sign with her and she's learned to do one sign and it seems like she understands about 3. It's pretty cool. She loves to watch me do songs and stuff and she really is paying attention. You can almost see the little wheels turning:)
Tuesday she was going to Grammy's house for the evening so my mom could get her fix before we are gone for 2 weeks. Keep in mind the child is not a fan of her carseat. Well, she was giggling beside herself when Grammy walked in the house. Then she was sitting on the couch with her right next to the car seat and Gabrielle practically jumped into the seat and was laughing and happy while we were buckling her in. That child knew she was going to her Grandma's house and was happy about it!!
So, today we leave to go up to Yadkinville and pick up my friend from college MaryAnne. Then tomorrow we will head from NC to Jackson, TN where Brie and I will be staying until after Thanksgiving. I'll let you know how the Road Trip goes.

No comments: