Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Trucking Along





So, it's been a bit since I've had the chance to post, but things are going well. I pulled several drills at McEntire last week in 4 hour periods and after being there for 3 days in a row I was totally worn out and experiencing pain and cramping in my incision area. I didn't know being a desk jockey for 4 hours was so taxing on a body. Others who have braved C-sections before me have not been surprised. Apparently the body is not supposed to magically be healed because 6 weeks has passed. Silly me! So, Brie and I have been taking it easy this week while Danny has also been trying to recover from the nightmare 14 hour shifts he had to work over last week and weekend. The worst issue was on Friday night. I picked Gabrielle up from the Cobb's house after drill and headed home. I started packing to head to Mom and Dad's ( so Danny could get uninterrupted sleep for his 5am shift) and noticed our pillows on our bed were covered in fireants! They were everywhere and then while I was feeding Brie I saw that they had started to take on the futon in her room. I was irate and clueless...I mean...what do ants want with the bed?!?!?! There wasn't a single ant anywhere near food, just in the bedrooms! I stripped the beds and loaded all the ant infested linens in the washer and then when Danny got home I took Brie and left so she wouldn't get bit by any rogue fireants while Danny was doing cleanup. He vacuumed the beds and the walls and floor and then Dad came with industrial ant poison (yay NaturChem!). What a way to spend a Friday night....especially when all Danny wanted to do was crash since he'd been working 13 hours starting at 5am. Thank God for parents to the rescue:)


We have begun our transition to cloth diapers. I like them so far! They don't leave red marks on her legs and they are soo soft. Today we have also begun to play peekaboo and Brie loves it! I know anyday now she will start to laugh. So far she already sucks in her breath real fast and makes squealy noises...I know it won't be long before she figures out the whole giggle thing:) I'm posting the ultimate turtle girl picture...you can't look at this one and question how she got that nickname:) Also, she and Danny enjoy their time together in the evenings. Mom just doesn't do her upside down hold the way Dad does! She will sit quietly with him for hours...and apparently its a pretty good arm workout for him, who needs the gym anyway:) Plus, we had a little photo shoot after church on Sunday. And I had to add in a Harding onesie shot just for Kristen.


We're hoping to have house guests this weekend. The inlaws, Nancy and Kelci and possibly Mick, are talking about coming down for a visit. Nancy was sick and on antibiotics for a while, so she has stayed away, but she has been dying to get down here to visit her new grandbaby. We hope they can make it and I look forward to posting some great pics next week!

Sayonara for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the T-shirt - The baby is precious too!

Anonymous said...

be very careful to not over do it you are not wonder woman :)...even though sometimes we have to be. 17 months after my c-section I still get pain there if I move wrong! Brie looks beautiful and so alert! Don't worry, the giggles, the laughs, and even the tantrums WILL come :)

Philip said...

Alma Mater Hail.