Saturday, May 19, 2007

4 week checkup



So, we have a very growing girl! At her 4 week check-up on Wednesday, she weighed 9lbs and 6 oz. She has only grown 1/4 of an inch lengthwise...so she's getting to be a little babyball:) She's doing well. The sad thing, she's started losing her hair on the front sides :( Apparently, I lost all of my hair and was bald until I was about 2...but I was hoping for a better fate for Gabrielle. She is doing so many cool things now too! She smiles on purpose and she loves her mobile in her crib where we change her. She is content to sit and stare at everything around her for hours at a time. Last night, she was awake and just checking things out with only very short catnaps in between for almost 8 hours! She's even starting to entertain the idea of taking a pacifier and she's eaten small bits from a bottle about 3 times now. So, I know she won't starve when I have to drill. On Thursday when I was getting ready to head out to bible study, I had put her in her carseat and I was gathering everything by the back door. She was sitting there crying and when I started to get close to set something down, she stopped. Then when I walked away again to gather the rest of our stuff, she started crying again. I never once touched her or talked to her! She's a little goober already! I can only imagine what we have in store:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I just got our family blog up and running and remembered you were the one who got me started on it and that you yourselve have one too. Your little girl looks precious. And yes they are supposed to gain a pound a week for the first few months, then it kind of slows down. I am glad to see all is well. Will write some more later. Love, Laura