Thursday, November 09, 2006

We have picked out Names

So, since we are planning to not find out the gender, we already had our discussion on names. We agreed on a boys name in one night: Jackson Kai McNeil. It took three nights to compromise on a girls name: Gabrielle Elisabeth McNeil.

It seems as though the first thing everyone does it try to figure out nicknames. Why is that? I mean, we chose names that have a variety of options for nicknames...but what's wrong with actually calling someone by their name? There are plenty of people (me for example...my husband for example) who actually go by their given name...is it really such a stretch to think that my children could actually be called Jackson and Gabrielle?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever! The only reason you don't have a nickname is because there is NO nickname for Heather. I mean c'mon.... Ther? Heath? Heat? (though Heat is kinda funny) and Danny....Isn't Danny his given name? I call foul on that one.

~a

Anonymous said...

I thought "HAC" was your nickname???

-V

Anonymous said...

It seems like no matter what folks call your kid or what it is named, nicknames happen. Like Butterbean, for example. Not sure how that happened. We called Katie Beebes. The baby soap I used with her was manufactured in Canada so it had the words in french and english. The french for baby is "bebe", which we slaughtered to sound like beebes. That grew to Beeber-o-loo. And beyond. It's just fun, and it's just inevitable! TC

Danny said...

Heather's nickname USED to be HAC...now she's a better person and her nickname is HAM :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, HAM is her nickname... :-) It has a nice ring to it! I love it!